[Frameworks] kickstarter

David Tetzlaff djtet53 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 00:40:29 CDT 2012

> as a festival programmer will a filmmaker feel that that film will have an unfair chance at my festival?

If so, that's there problem. An experienced maker should understand that your own personal interests are not necessarily those of the festival you direct. You should be free to support promising projects that may not turn out at all, or that will lead to productive growth for new makers that still falls short of being competitive at any given festival...

As long as you act as Bart, not 'Bart The Director of Videofest" there is no line. The email that came inot my mailbox before this was an ad for Boris Soundbite bearing your name. So are people who buy Soundbite to expect a leg up at Videofest, or are you supposed to not work for or comment on Boris or FCP or anything else because you direct a festival? i don't think so.