[Frameworks] Lomo UPB-1A pouring issues Lomo UPB-1A pouring issues

Christine Lucy Latimer christinelucylatimer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 13:14:38 CST 2012

Kevin,

Perhaps I have been using my lomo tank outside of its intended purpose all
of this time...but I have always poured my chemistry directly into the
centre opening at the top of the tank (where the agitation assembly is),
similar to the pouring opening at the top of a 35mm Ansco processing tank.
I use the hose for draining only. I wrap the hose along the side of tank
with the end pointing upwards and secured with tape the rest of the
time (to prevent leaks during processing).

When I bought my lomo tank, the instructions were in cyrillic, so I asked a
friend who spoke Russian to translate them for me. Her translation stated
that the chemistry is to be poured into the tank via the top opening. The
top opening's conical shape and design certainly provides enough space to
pour chemistry in quickly. Were it not designed for this purpose, the hole
that the agitation assembly pops up through would probably be smaller.
Using the tank in this manner allows for much more expedient, even
processing and stopping, as water (instead of pricey/ smelly stop bath) can
be run in a constant stream into the top of the tank while it drains off
simultaneously through the hose.

However, as I said, I may just have been using my tank incorrectly this
whole time!  Ahh well...try pouring your chemistry directly into the top.
See if it works for you :)

-C.