[Frameworks] experimential film in the art world

marilyn brakhage vams at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 6 02:39:42 CST 2012

I don't know much of her story either, though yes, she apparently had
art world connections.  She seems to work mainly in film, but is
represented by a gallery.  Some people on the list must be familiar
with her work?  . . . However beautiful or interesting her films may
be, there are certainly many others equally worthy, I should think, so
presumably it has something to do with the networks she is in, in
addition to whatever inherent value her work has.

I could engage in a little cynicism of my own (not about her
specifically, but about art world choices in general and what drives
them), but perhaps that's easy enough for anyone to see -- and I have
to get back to work now, so am signing off for awhile . . .

MB

A little of my own cynicism:  There is a certain degree of spectacle,
and of an accessibility of ideas that can be talked about that influence