[Frameworks] Fwd: Ernest Callenbach's last words to an America indecline

Gene Youngblood atopia at comcast.net
Mon May 7 14:57:39 CDT 2012

A loss I wasn’t aware of. Knew him in the ‘70s. Film Quarterly and all the other books and journals at Larry Edmund’s bookstore were my film school. For a trenchant critique of ECOTOPIA see Frederic Jameson’s magisterial ARCHEOLOGIES OF THE FUTURE, which, among other things, demolishes the notion of utopia as blueprint. Thanks for the tip about “Epistle.” I’m eager to read it, since Chick was surely aware of Jameson’s admiration for his novel.