[Frameworks] Bolex H16 eyepiece lock replacement

Roger Wilson rogerdwilson at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 30 01:59:42 UTC 2013

Hi,
The outer ring lock has to be removed. you can see it in the second picture where the front of the eye piece can be seen. The two flat slots across from one another. It can be hard to remove, I've used a pair of small needle nose pliers before to gently unscrew it by opening the pliers and placing the tip of each end of pliers into each of the slots and then turn it to unscrew.Maybe spray a very small amount of lub in the area and let it sit for a few minutes before trying to remove. Once you get that unscrewed the rest comes off pretty simple. I'm sure there is a tool out there that would do the job better but in a pinch pliers have worked for myself.
Hope this helps

Roger D. Wilson613 324 - 7504rogerdwilson at sympatico.cahttp://www.rogerdwilson.ca

Without failure you can never achieve success. I have based my process and my career as an experimental film artist on this statement; and I welcome it as it pushes me forward as an artist to try something different, something new.