[Frameworks] HD cam 24 vs 25? vs DCP?

ev petrol epetrol2 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 05:59:56 UTC 2013

(& sorry for the multiple messages, yahoo glitch ...)

moiratierney.net
vimeo.com/moiratierney

On Friday, December 13, 2013 12:34 AM, ev petrol <epetrol2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

thanks loads folks for all the feedback!!

this is a project that originated on super-8mm (18fps)
I did a 4K scan
then imported into avid as DNxHD 175X MXF
(the highest resolution I could get to play back on my laptop)
did all the conforming (stabilize, resize, timewarp, colour timing)

& exported same as source (avid DNxHD
1920x1080 / 24fps)
I have to make a digibeta & the DVDs (= what the funders asked for)

would it make sense to make a HD ProRes file & a Blu-Ray disc, instead of the HD cam, for screening purposes? (sounds like HD cam might not be very useful?)

I think the 2K is beyond the capacity of my laptop for the moment, but ideally, in the future, I might be able to conform the 4K to the current version ... would be lovely to get it onto 35mm at some point

cheers! Moira

moiratierney.net
vimeo.com/moiratierney