[Frameworks] This week [January 12 - 20, 2013] in avant garde cinema

Jonathan Walley walleyj at denison.edu
Sat Jan 12 13:19:08 CST 2013

For any Ohio-area Frameworkers - the "AVANT-GARDE MASTERS: A DECADE OF
PRESERVATION" series is also making a stop at the Wexner Center. Two
nights ago Jeff Lambert of the National Film Preservation Foundation
introduced the first segment, which included a stunning 35mm
restoration print of RABBIT'S MOON (those of you who only know the
"Things that go Bump in the Night" version MUST see this one), some
rarely seen Lillian Schwartz 3-D computer films (from Ohio State's
Lillian Schwartz Collection), and the absolutely incredible PREFACES
by Abigail Child.

Next week the series continues with a tribute to the Kuchars. This,
again, is at the Wexner Center in Columbus, on Wed., Jan 16, at
7:00PM. Here's the link:

http://www.wexarts.org/fv/index.php?eventid=6789

And, just out of curiosity, how many Ohio-area Frameworkers are there?
(Feel free to email me off list on that one).
Best,
Jonathan

Jonathan Walley
Associate Professor