[Frameworks] voyeurism / street photography in exp cinema

Steve Polta steve.polta at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 18:38:29 CST 2013

Actually a number of Ernie Gehr's films do this, including the
afore-mentioned *Untitled: Part 1 (1981)*, *This Side of Paradise*,
*City*(digital video) and his recently "released" digital video
translations of
street scenes filmed in the 1970s (or '60s?). Or even his *Eureka* if you
want to go there.

Also recommended:
—Scott Stark's *Acceleration *and *posers* (which observes people posing or
photographs) and others*—*Starks' *Angel Beach* anyone?
—the late Stom Sogo's *PS: When You Think You Are Going to Die* observes
muggings and drug dealing from a San Francisco apartment. Paranoid.
—John Smith's *The Girl Chewing Gum* and it's follow up *The Man Phoning Mum
*. —Gibbs Chapman & Catherine Lam narrativize surveillance footage in *I
know something is going on back there*
—*Open *by Katherin McInnis

etc etc

Steve Polta