[Frameworks] 16mm experimental teen drama

Lyra Hill lyra.lou at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 16:48:07 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I just launched a Kickstarter campaign for a really, really insane 16mm
film project. I thought that people on this list might especially
appreciate my efforts.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1877334389/uzis-party-an-experimental-teen-drama-on-16mm-film

The film will star one girl in five roles (it's a sleepover movie, with a
supernatural twist ending and a ton of atmosphere) accomplished entirely
via in-camera sync-sound multiple exposure, matting, and body doubles.

I can't geek out about this stuff on the Kickstarter because most people
won't know what I'm talking about - but I'll be using a Bolex with magazine
and motor, hand cranking the film backwards between each take... I have a
4:1 shooting ratio which is pretty ambitious, and a beautiful, beautiful
matte box. I've done stuff this like this before but never at this level.

If you're interested in helping me out, or know people who get excited
about analog process, please donate or tell those people. Studies show
campaigns with a strong head start are more likely to succeed. I'm a bit
nervous about this crowd sourcing thing (previously made movies all by my
lonesome) and I would really appreciate your help and support.

Thank you,
-Lyra