[Frameworks] a question about negative film stock for s-8mm

Marco Poloni mar.poloni at gmail.com
Wed May 22 23:47:10 UTC 2013

Hi Roger,
I was shooting mostly between F/4 and F/8, but sometimes at full
aperture at dusk (clearly not the best condition). You have a point,
regardless of the lens which is one of the best made for S-8mm. The
skies look terrible regardless of aperture: day shoots, sunny or
cloudy, dusk shoots.  It really seems to me that the issue might be
beyond aperture value. What Buck Bito says in her reply is totally
consistent with what the technician at the lab I worked with told me
about negative film in S-8mm, and with the look of my material: “like
dust or sensor/video noise.”
Best,
Marco