[Frameworks] Super 8 frames blown up to photo prints!

Lars Fuchs editor at klipper.tv
Tue Nov 26 20:33:54 UTC 2013

You could try sandwiching the super 8 film in a cardboard 35mm slide mount,
then using an old fashioned macro-bellows on a dslr. I've gotten some very
interesting results with a bellows and my Pentax *ist DL, but I was going
for abstract/experimental not reproduction. however I was able to get
pretty good enlargement, and on a high end dslr like a 5D or D7000 you
should have resolution enough (and color depth if you shoot raw) to make
pretty big prints.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Glenn Brady <gmbrady at windstream.net> wrote:

>  I've done this with Super 8 reversal film by cutting out the frames I
> wanted to print (a strip of six inches or so) and scanning the strip in my
> Minolta *Dimage Scan Dual III *(intended for 35mm transparencies and 35mm
> negative strips).  As you suggest, you'd need to have access to telecine
> equipment of some sort if cutting the film isn't an option.

*Take nothing for granted, leave nothing but doubt*
*[917] 225-1491*