[Frameworks] Tri-X Super 8 in the UK

Cherry Kino cherrykinocinema at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 15:48:57 UTC 2013

Ok some (kind of crap) film stock news!

Just spoke with Kodak, hoping to order some Tri-X Super 8 cartridges for a film I'm making, and guess what - they now no longer sell it directly to people, they have allocated 're-sellers' to do it for them. These are the prices these re-sellers are asking - bear in mind this is ONLY for the film stock, no processing etc:

Widescreen Centre - £19.00 each
Blue Cine Tech - £20.99 each
Sendean Cameras - £28.00

WTF?!!

That's a big price increase from £12-£13 per roll, which is what it used to be.

Widescreen Centre are the 'cheapest' of the 3, but then there's also shipping and extra costs etc. Not cool. Sendean… what are they playing at? £28? I know prices go up and there are overheads etc, but seriously, that's excessive.

So, I'm definitely going to be buying Adox pan-x 100, which I am also going to supply in the UK in the next few months once the CK website is up and running.

Kodak made a mistake, because it'll just stop custom. Maybe they're winding down Tri-X, and this is their way of doing it… ? Anybody know the inside scoop?

Jeez Louise, what the heck are they doing...

It would work out cheaper to buy Tri-x from the excellent duo Richard and Diana at Nanolab in Australia, and pay the shipping and tax, than to get it from a source in the UK! Mad. Might just do that.

Anyways, to end on a positive note, here's my latest film, 'Attraction'. https://vimeo.com/76331605

Bye!

xxx

Martha Jurksaitis