[Frameworks] JOB POSTING

Adam Hyman adam at lafilmforum.org
Tue Sep 24 21:10:09 UTC 2013

UC Santa Cruz:

UC Santa Cruz is looking for an animator:

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SANTA CRUZ
DEPARTMENT OF FILM AND DIGITAL MEDIA
Assistant Professor in Animation
The Film and Digital Media Department <http://film.ucsc.edu/>  at the
University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) invites Filmmakers and Media
Artists to apply for a tenure track position in the field of animation, to
be appointed at the rank of assistant professor. We seek to hire an
individual who is making an ongoing contribution to the advancement of
experimental forms of documentary, narrative, and/or media arts and design
practices and who will add to the departmentĀ¹s strengths in the criticism
and the creation of socially engaged fiction and nonfiction work. The ideal
candidate will demonstrate a broad understanding of the scholarly fields of
animation studies, critical histories of animation (including documentary
animation), film and media theory, and visual art practices. We have a
strong interest in candidates with expertise in bridging areas of animation,
visual art, interactive media, and gaming technologies. Areas of research
and teaching might include 2D, 3D CGI, Stop Motion and/or digital animation,
character animation, immersive interactive installations, virtual
environments, mobile platforms, and convergences of design, media arts,
science, and technology.

Please refer to the full job posting at
http://apo.ucsc.edu/academic_employment/jobs/JPF00039-14.pdf for more
information and application instructions.

Best,

Irene

On 9/24/13 1:11 PM, "George, Sherman" <sgeorge at ucsd.edu> wrote:

> CAN SOMEONE RESEND  ME THE JOB POSTING FOR AN ANIMATION INSTRUCTOR FOR UC
> SANTA BARBARA
Sherman
sgeorge at ucsd.edu
858-229-4368