[Frameworks] query for those who teach filmmaking

Aaron F. Ross aaron at digitalartsguild.com
Thu Apr 17 21:18:48 UTC 2014

My advice is to abandon FCP entirely. This is the rational response
due to the fact that Apple has essentially abandoned the educational
and professional markets. Nowadays for a decent OS X system you have
to drop nearly $4000, not including software. Take a look at their
alleged educational discounts, it's a joke. And the whole FCP X
debacle caused many users to switch to Premiere.

Premiere used to suck, but that was ten years ago. Now it's totally
viable, and I would recommend going that route. It's not perfect, but
it's far better than FCP X. Plus, it's cross-platform, if you're into
that sort of thing. Please don't flame me because I alluded to Windows. ;)

Aaron