[Frameworks] query for those who teach filmmaking

lindsay mcintyre email.linds at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 19:22:25 UTC 2014

for what it's worth, FAVA (a film and video coop based in Edmonton,
Alberta) recently switched over all digital editing systems to
premiere with external drives ready and loaded with FCP7 and FCP X
should any user prefer or require what those programs offer.  i think
even AVID is still available.  with so many users and so many
different ideas about what works and what is best, it made sense for
us to have them all still available, however all the students who go
through the video courses now all learn premiere exclusively and it
has been working well.

it should be noted, however, that all the students who go through the
film courses still learn how to edit by cutting on a steenbeck and
they each make a 16mm film complete with negative conform and optical
tracks with that work flow. in terms of teaching those basic concepts,
especially to begin with, i would put my vote behind pip's S8 model
any day of the week.

lindsay mcintyre