[Frameworks] Superposition as editing practice

Francisco Torres fjtorrespr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 17:24:25 UTC 2014

The Soviets, especially  Vertov and Eisenstein, included superimposition in
the montage techniques.

''In *Eisenstein's* words, the *superimposition* of distinct visual and
audio effects "doubles up" the power of each component, thus "squaring" the
final impact.''
*Eisenstein* at 100: A Reconsideration - Page 95
<http://books.google.com.pr/books?id=qk9XxQnieQMC&pg=PA95&lpg=PA95&dq=superimposition+eisenstein&source=bl&ots=rb7i7W4dyQ&sig=CKBfsGkRc6WBvhw_bWz28f-qXl4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=61JVU6CuFKazsASzhICwCg&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAA>

http://books.google.com.pr/books?id=qk9XxQnieQMC&pg=PA95&lpg=PA95&dq=superimposition+eisenstein&source=bl&ots=rb7i7W4dyQ&sig=CKBfsGkRc6WBvhw_bWz28f-qXl4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=61JVU6CuFKazsASzhICwCg&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=superimposition%20eisenstein&f=false