[Frameworks] query for those who teach filmmaking

chris at signaltoground.com chris at signaltoground.com
Thu Apr 24 15:19:36 UTC 2014

> If you want to piss off students, wasting their time and money, then
> by all means, make them learn some specialized, anachronistic subject
> that has little or no application in the real world.
>
> Aaron

ten years ago at art school I went to, this was the argument from
management about 16mm filmmmaking. Strangely enough, we're in the midst of
another resurgence. technology is neither new nor old.

> Adjuncts have to continually
> prove/improve themselves, and can't rest on their laurels. Ever.
> Also Aaron

Local art school has a five year cap on sessionals--you can teach a course
or two every year for up to five years and then never teach again. The
results-- sessionals give the school as much investment that the school
gives to them. Students suffer.

best
Chris