[Frameworks] Film and equipment rental in Western North Carolina or Eastern Tennessee

Jeff Kreines jeff at kinetta.com
Fri Apr 25 01:30:18 UTC 2014

Nate:

Unless you can find a really good rental deal, you might look at how inexpensive really good film cameras have gotten.
You can find a decent 16SR2 with everything but a lens for $2500.  And you can probably sell it when you don’t need it for not much less.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xarri+16+sr&_nkw=arri+16+sr&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Aatons are just as inexpensive, though a bit more rare.

I love non-reflex CP16s, but the reflex CP16 is not that great a camera — as disliked as the Arri 16BL.  And oddly they don’t show up as often.

Everyone assumes that the reason to own a camera is to be able to shoot whenever you want to.  That’s true, but what’s more important for spontaneous filmmaking is having the ability to NOT shoot when things aren’t working out.  Had you gone to the trouble of renting a camera, you will be more likely to shoot when you’d be better off not shooting.

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta

On Apr 24, 2014, at 8:01 PM, Nate Cummings <ncummingslambert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Frameworkers,
>
> I am doing some preliminary research for a film I'm shooting later in the year. I am looking for somewhere in Western North Carolina or Eastern Tennessee to get hold of some lights, grip and an Arriflex in the SR series, Eclair or CP -16. I can make it out to the Raleigh Metro area but I will be based west of Asheville in August and September.
>
> Any recommended equipment houses, contacts or people on the list that would be willing let me borrow/rent some equipment?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nate Cummings-Lambert

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta