[Frameworks] processing film in coffee

nicky.hamlyn at talktalk.net nicky.hamlyn at talktalk.net
Fri Apr 25 07:47:24 UTC 2014

http://www.caffenol.org/

Nicky.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Wilson <rogerdwilson at sympatico.ca>
To: frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com <frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 8:44
Subject: [Frameworks] processing film in coffee

Hi folks!

I'm doing a little research on alternative recipes for black and white film developer, basically anything outside the professional methods (kodak, Ilford chemicals). I know coffee (caffenol) is the most popular used method but I'm wondering what else has been done. I've heard rumors of beer and urine being used? Maybe wine? Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

Roger D. Wilson
Film Scientist
613 324 - 7504
rogerdwilson at sympatico.ca
http://www.rogerdwilson.ca

Without failure you can never achieve success. I have based my process and my career as an experimental film artist on this statement; and I welcome it as it pushes me forward as an artist to try something different, something new.