[Frameworks] processing film in coffee

Caryn Cline carynycline at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 11:04:23 UTC 2014

I know that many filmmakers are experimenting with alternate development
processes, but one artist whose methods are worth looking at is the
German-based filmmaker Dagie Brundert.  (Dagie, are you on this list?)
 Dagie's developed films using all kinds of organic materials, and she
keeps experimenting.  Check out her
site<http://www.dagiebrundert.de/ECaffenol.html>:

Best,

CC

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 3:43 AM, Roger Wilson <rogerdwilson at sympatico.ca>wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> I'm doing a little research on alternative recipes for black and white
> film developer, basically anything outside the professional methods
> (kodak, Ilford chemicals). I know coffee (caffenol) is the most popular
> used method but I'm wondering what else has been done. I've heard rumors of
> beer and urine being used? Maybe wine? Thoughts?
>
> Thanks everyone!
>

> Roger D. Wilson
> Film Scientist
> 613 324 - 7504
> rogerdwilson at sympatico.ca
> http://www.rogerdwilson.ca
>
> Without failure you can never achieve success. I have based my process and
> my career as an experimental film artist on this statement; and I welcome
> it as it pushes me forward as an artist to try something different,
> something new.

Caryn Cline
co-producer, *Acts of Witness*
www.actsofwitness.com