[Frameworks] Advice with screening format for festival. Help!

Dana Duff d.naduff at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 17:38:50 UTC 2014

Dear Frameworkers,
I have an 8-minute 16mm film scheduled to be screened in a few weeks in
Europe and had I hoped to send it in film form.
The original was shot in 7266 Tri-X reversal on three 100' rolls and the
festival selected it from a low quality transfer, where I cut the three
rolls together digitally.

So in order to send a clean print, my plan was to re-shoot on negative,
have the negative cut, and then print it seamlessly on one piece of film
to send to the festival.

Which I did. But the print from the 7222 negative has crawly grain! It
looks like it's being projected on a bed of squirming lice; the image is
just too subtle to handle the grain and I can't sent it.

It only needs 2 splices, 4 with leader: should I try to splice the
original with tape or cement splices (will a festival take tape splices
and should they be both sides?)?

Or would I be better off to send the rolls out to be scanned in 2K, cut
it together digitally, and send digital media files (how big is big
enough to look like film?).
I only have three weeks before it must ship.

Thanks for any advice on this!
xo Dana