[Frameworks] Advice with screening format for festival. Help!

Roger Wilson rogerdwilson at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 28 01:01:30 UTC 2014

"My opinion is if you want the look of film then you need to project film".
David I stated that the above comment was my opinion...I am not shooting down your opinion. Some artists are happy with digital projection and it can defiantly look good but it does not work for me. I gave an example from my own experience as an artist who has had his worked projected through a film projector and a video projector. I gave my opinion! I find this discussion board has a lot of members who criticize other filmmakers for the suggestions they offer to artists looking for advice. I like film and love to see film projected, especially when it comes to my own films. I have mentored and taught many filmmakers over the years and never make any of them feel like their opinion does not count.
Add your thoughts to the conversation but do not cut down what others believe. If you disagree with something I say then that is your right but don't take quotes from my suggestions and turn them around to make it look like I am wrong in saying what I think. I have 20 plus years working in the film industry and working with film to create my own films. my opinion matters as much as any one else on this discussion board. Be professional! Share your thoughts but don't criticize others in the process.
Roger

Roger D. WilsonFilm Scientist613 324 - 7504rogerdwilson at sympatico.cahttp://www.rogerdwilson.ca
Without failure you can never achieve success. I have based my process and my career as an experimental film artist on this statement; and I welcome it as it pushes me forward as an artist to try something different, something new.