[Frameworks] HOW TO USE WITHOUT A BOX TO SUBMIT FILMS

Aaron F. Ross aaron at digitalartsguild.com
Sat Feb 15 01:31:10 UTC 2014

Hey Sandra...

You need an MP4 file. That means it's encoded using H.264
compression. Don't bother with Quicktime. Don't bother with any other
compression types. They will take too long to upload.

If it's standard definition (DVD quality), make sure it's encoded
with a bitrate of at least 3 megabits per second.

For 720p extended definition, go for 10 megabits per second.

For 1080p full high definition, the bitrate should be 20 megabits per second.

To give you an idea of resulting file sizes...

3 megabits per second will yield a file size of 23 Megabytes per
minute of footage.

10 megabits/sec will be 75 Megabytes per minute of footage.

20 megabits/sec will be 150 Megabytes per minute of footage.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Aaron