[Frameworks] Installation works that incorporate hand-painted film

Kelly Gallagher kelly at purpleriot.com
Wed Feb 26 14:29:32 UTC 2014

Hey Adam,
Some of my works incorporate hand-painted celluloid. Below are two
explicitly feminist pieces
Here's video documentation of an installation/performative piece where I
projected a hand-painted/scratched film entitled "Women for Self Defense"
over a woman in a bed, 'sleeping/ dreaming' while I played with color gels
at times in front of the projector lamp-- https://vimeo.com/15273159
Here's a video incorporating hand painted film meant for installation
entitled "Works Like Magic" -- https://vimeo.com/49347152
Cheers,
Kelly Gallagher
www.purpleriot.com

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Roslyn Broder <rabroder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like the link I included was bad. Here's the correct one:
> http://sheriwills.com/
>

> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM, John Knecht <jknecht at colgate.edu> wrote:
>
>> Adam,
>>

>> I work in multiple channel video installation as well as single channel,
>> often looped, pieces. All my work is hand drawn animation, beginning with
>> paper on pencil.   I just did a show two weeks ago at Union Docs in
>> Brooklyn.  I have a new piece which was installed at the Llwelyn Gallery at
>> Alfred State College this fall, titled "Considering the Probability of
>> Divine Intervention".  The piece consists of five 19" flatscreens with
>> built in dvd players, displaying five hand drawn animations, beginning with
>> gouach on paper drawings,  of houses intermittently rising off of their
>> foundations.  When I showed it at the Llewelyn Gallery I showed the
>> original gouache paintings of each house which are the same size as the
>> video screens.  These are framed.  I own all the video flat screen/dvd
>> player displays.
>>
>> I also currently have an exhibition at the Munson Williams Proctor Arts
>> Institute in Utica, NY,  of four panels from my  fifteen channel, video
>> animation "Fragments from the Wheels of Ezekiel"!  These four video
>> animations, displayed on flat screens have recently been purchased for the
>> Institute's permanent collection.
>> http://www.mwpai.org/museum-of-art/museum-of-art-calendar/new-funny-and-odd-videos-on-view/
>>
>> Here are some images.  Check out my web site "johnknechtart.com".   I'd
>> be glad to send you a dvd documenting some of my installations and a reel
>> of single channel animation.
>>
>> John Knecht
>> jknecht at colgate.edu
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Adam R. Levine <adamrl at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Frameworks,
>>>
>>> This is a very specific RFI but I am looking for artists or works that
>>> check as many (at least two, let's say) of the following boxes as possible,
>>> listed in order of preference:
>>>
>>> 1. Installations or possibly live performances...
>>> 2. ...That incorporate abstract footage (preferably 16mm loops)
>>> 3. Hand painted, scratch film, or hand animation
>>> 4. Sculptural elements or constructed environments
>>> 5. Use of text or voice