[Frameworks] Installation works that incorporate hand-painted film

Josephine Shokrian josephine.shokrian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 15:02:11 UTC 2014

Raha Raissnia is an artist based in NY that fits within your criteria. Hand painted 35mm film/sound performances.

http://www.miguelabreugallery.com/RahaRaissnia.htm

On Feb 26, 2014, at 9:29 AM, Kelly Gallagher <kelly at purpleriot.com> wrote:

Hey Adam,
Some of my works incorporate hand-painted celluloid. Below are two explicitly feminist pieces
Here's video documentation of an installation/performative piece where I projected a hand-painted/scratched film entitled "Women for Self Defense" over a woman in a bed, 'sleeping/ dreaming' while I played with color gels at times in front of the projector lamp-- https://vimeo.com/15273159
Here's a video incorporating hand painted film meant for installation entitled "Works Like Magic" -- https://vimeo.com/49347152
Cheers,
Kelly Gallagher
www.purpleriot.com

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Roslyn Broder <rabroder at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like the link I included was bad. Here's the correct one:
> http://sheriwills.com/
>

> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM, John Knecht <jknecht at colgate.edu> wrote:
>> Adam,
>>

>> I work in multiple channel video installation as well as single channel, often looped, pieces. All my work is hand drawn animation, beginning with paper on pencil.   I just did a show two weeks ago at Union Docs in Brooklyn.  I have a new piece which was installed at the Llwelyn Gallery at Alfred State College this fall, titled "Considering the Probability of Divine Intervention".  The piece consists of five 19" flatscreens with built in dvd players, displaying five hand drawn animations, beginning with gouach on paper drawings,  of houses intermittently rising off of their foundations.  When I showed it at the Llewelyn Gallery I showed the original gouache paintings of each house which are the same size as the video screens.  These are framed.  I own all the video flat screen/dvd player displays.
>>
>> I also currently have an exhibition at the Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute in Utica, NY,  of four panels from my  fifteen channel, video animation "Fragments from the Wheels of Ezekiel"!  These four video animations, displayed on flat screens have recently been purchased for the Institute's permanent collection.  http://www.mwpai.org/museum-of-art/museum-of-art-calendar/new-funny-and-odd-videos-on-view/
>>
>> Here are some images.  Check out my web site "johnknechtart.com".   I'd be glad to send you a dvd documenting some of my installations and a reel of single channel animation.
>>
>> John Knecht
>> jknecht at colgate.edu
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Adam R. Levine <adamrl at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear Frameworks,
>>>
>>> This is a very specific RFI but I am looking for artists or works that check as many (at least two, let's say) of the following boxes as possible, listed in order of preference:
>>>
>>> 1. Installations or possibly live performances...
>>> 2. ...That incorporate abstract footage (preferably 16mm loops)
>>> 3. Hand painted, scratch film, or hand animation
>>> 4. Sculptural elements or constructed environments
>>> 5. Use of text or voice