[Frameworks] 16mm print of Ballet Mecanique -- version by William Moritz

Michael Zryd zryd at yorku.ca
Wed Jan 8 04:43:20 UTC 2014

Does anyone on Frameworks know where to source a 16mm film print of William Moritz's 'reconstruction' of Leger/Murphy's Ballet méchanique? It has a soundtrack that attempts to provide a sense of Antheil's original score, and it also has some colour tinting in some sections.

This version is on YouTube, and I've seen a VHS version, but would love to access a print. I have already checked EYE, Lightcone, FMC, Canyon, MoMA, and CVM.

Thanks!
--
Michael Zryd
Associate Professor, Cinema and Media Studies