[Frameworks] Modern 16mm features, distributed on film

Herb Shellenberger HerbS at ihphilly.org
Mon Jul 21 14:54:54 UTC 2014

Let's just say $7000 USD to make two prints, adding up the above costs and having someone cut your neg...

In the face of this, Roger’s suggestion to project originals doesn’t sound too crazy. It obviously wouldn’t be a practice suitable for all kinds of work but might be interesting to infuse experimental cinema, separate from moving image performance, with a sense of immediacy, improvisation and impermanence via this practice.

It’s a different topic but it would be also interesting to discuss artists who have projected originals in a cinema setting (Jack Smith, Nathaniel Dorsky and Jerome Hiler, Fred Camper’s SN, Luther Price), their varying motivations and the longevity—or lack thereof—of this work.
Herb Shellenberger
Programs Office Manager
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE5258.78B1F010]
3701 CHESTNUT STREET | PHILADELPHIA, PA 19104