[Frameworks] reflexivity and Dziga Vertov

John MacKay johnmackay65 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 01:54:49 UTC 2014

Hi Jaime,

and of course, please cite as you'd like!

Your second question is tricky: I wrote this piece up for a guidebook to
Russian cinema, but it was rejected (as too complex), so I just decided to
get it up on the web anyway. It's the only piece on MWMC that seriously
integrates archival material, to my knowledge, but touches on only some of
the film's many aspects. To answer more directly, though: writing it took
very little time, but I've been researching Vertov for over a decade.

The new book (which I'm finishing now) is a critical biography that
addresses all periods of his life and work, and Vertov reception as well;
I've published a lot on Vertov already. Send on any other questions you
might have, and good luck with the paper!
Yours,
John