[Frameworks] Response to Gene Youngblood

Jason Halprin jihalprin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:08:31 UTC 2015

Tim - You can (and should)! Just set up a filter to have emails from anyone
you'd rather not hear from sent directly to your trash. Problem solved,
listserv members reduced by one. Separates the good stuff from the vitrol.

Sasha - as a long-time member of this list, and more importantly, and
artist and a teacher, I whole-heartedly support your response in this
thread. It is one thing to offer a disagreement over the merits of
presenting one work or another in a class, as well as to offer different
strategies that have been successful in the past when presenting this work,
but someone who seems to not know you personally did exactly what you
named: attacked your ability as a teacher, and dictated your responsibility
to your students. You have every right to respond directly, and publicly,
to this criticism, not matter who it's coming from (though you don't need
me, or anyone else to tell you that). I find it shameful that your response
has been made out to be the cause of the return to flameworks.

Jason Halprin
jihalprin at gmail.com