[Frameworks] RE Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (x3) at The Picture Show in Brooklyn 1.24.15

Mark Street mstreet430 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 23:24:21 UTC 2015

IF YOU ARE near, please come out to this lovely little microcinema

*The Re- Taking of Pelham 1,2,3 (x3)*

*  FILM(S) AND LIVE MUSIC  with Mark Street, Bradford Reed and Geoff Gersh*

*Saturday January 24  7pm*

*The Picture Show *226 Green Street | Brooklyn, NY

*thepictureshow.org <http://thepictureshow.org>*

*6 $/ 60 m TRT*

In this live performance three slightly altered versions of the same film
(made in 1974, 1998 and 2009) will be projected side by side.  Sound will
be mixed from each of the three works with live musical improvisation by
Bradford Reed and Geoff Gersh.

Narrative slippages, abstract fugues and time-travel counterpoints collide
and mingle in this fractious and riotous remake of a remake of a remake of
a book adaptation.  NYC manages to both evolve and stay the same over the
course of 35 years.

Projection and Concept:  Mark Street

Pencilina: Bradford Reed

Guitar: Geoff Gersh

*Mark Street* is an experimental filmmaker who works in the tradition of
urban street photography, just like his name suggests.  He has made films
in Dakar, Senegal; Hanoi, Vietnam, Montevideo, Uruguay and New York City

www.markstreetfilms.com

*Bradford** Reed* is a Brooklyn based composer, performer and producer who
fights and tames the idiosyncrasies of the *pencilina,* an original
instrument of his own design.

http://www.pencilina.com

*Geoff Gersh* is a guitarist/composer who works with filmmakers,
choreographers and other visual artists. He performs monthly at the
Nitehawk Cinema in Williamsburg accompanying silent films.

http://www.geoffgersh.com

*The Picture Show*

*Is a micro-cinema in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, *

*screening works once a month.*

*We are dedicated to experimental film, video art, and visionary features.
We believe in the cross section of cinema and experimental media being
fostered under one roof. We believe in word of mouth and community-based
screenings, guest curations, performances, and ongoing open call
submissions for artists.*