[Frameworks] Direct Object/Direct Action opening, exhibition, and LIVE event

Kera MacKenzie keramack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:07:25 UTC 2015

*Direct Object/Direct Action*
*February 1-March 31**
*Threewalls
<http://three-walls.org/exhibition/acre-tv-direct-objectdirect-action/> and
online at ACRETV.org <http://acretv.org/>*
*Opening Reception: January 23, 6-9pm*
*119 N. Peoria, #2C*

*Direct Object/Direct Action LIVE*
*February 27th, 7pm*
*Threewalls
<http://three-walls.org/event/direct-objectdirect-action-live-acre-tv/>*

*[image: Inline image 1]*

Television creates political bodies because it happens to large groups of
people simultaneously; we learn our stories gathered in bars and homes or
virtually together while alone, we cast ballots for our idols all via a
transmission from afar. Sharing these spectacular experiences has, for
better or worse, made for large populaces more uniformly formed than any
that history has seen. Meanwhile, political bodies use contemporary
televisual streaming tools to broadcast their own struggles. Directed by
television’s innate ability to create publics, and the common usage of
livestreaming in contemporary populist movements, ACRE TV will spend
February and March 2015* streaming moving image work that explores
broadcast art and it’s ability to function as a catalyst for moving
bodies. Direct
Object/Direct Action will air live, canned, episodic, durational and
experimental broadcast works that position the stream as an instrument as
opposed to a stage, as well as works that address the concept and histories
of political direct actions.
Leveraging the materiality of the devices and the parameters of
livestreaming, Direct Object/Direct Action includes a 106-hour durational
work by James N. Kienitz Wilkins; episodic shows by The Institute for New
Feeling (Scott Andrew, Agnes Bolt & Nina Sarnelle), Ellen Mueller, Leslie
Rogers, and Theo Shure; an audio piece by Soheila Azadi; video works by Blair
Bogin & Mothergirl (Katy Albert & Sophia Hamilton), Eli Burke, Adam
Castle, Thomas
Comerford, Jaime Davidovich, Amanda Gutierrez, Bret Hamilton, Annetta Kapon,
Adam Knight, Mike Newton, David Politzer, Sunita Prasad, Heath
Schultz, and Willy
Smart; and a LIVE event in which the stream will operate as a
prop/instrument/soundtrack for the night of IRL performances featuring Melina
Ausikaitis, Danny Giles, Leslie Rogers, and Neal Vandenbergh.

Programmed by Kera MacKenzie, Jesse Malmed, Andrew Mausert-Mooney and Nick
Wylie
Poster Design: Anne Elizabeth Moore

* ACRE TV will be broadcasting a special preview week, January 23 - 31,
2015, in conjunction with the opening of Jaime Davidovich: Outreach
1974-1984
<http://three-walls.org/exhibition/jaime-davidovich-outreach-1974-1984-curated-daniel-quiles/>
at Threewalls.

--