[Frameworks] Books on the History of Avant-Garde film in US

Andy Ditzler andy at andyditzler.com
Thu Jan 29 18:53:24 UTC 2015

Steve Anker, et al, Radical Light: Alternative Film and Video in the San
Francisco Bay Area, 1945-2000
Bart Testa, Back and Forth: Early Cinema and the Avant-Garde
A. L. Rees et al, Expanded Cinema: Art, Performance, Film
Robin Blaetz, Women’s Experimental Cinema: Critical Frameworks
Scott MacDonald's edited volumes of primary documents on Art in Cinema and
Cinema 16
Robert Pike, A Critical Study of the West Coast Experimental Film Movement
(UCLA dissertation, 1960)
Jeffrey Skoller, Shadows, Specters, Shards: Making History in Avant-Garde
Film
Stephen Dwoskin, Film Is: The International Free Cinema
David E. James, Allegories of Cinema

--

Andy Ditzler
www.filmlove.org