[Frameworks] chemical disposal with septic system

George, Sherman sgeorge at ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 31 01:26:40 UTC 2016

Sarah,
There is no magnet to attract silver.
For small batch processing precipitation is uncomplicated and inexpensive.
Sherman

Sent from my iPhone
Sherman George
858-229-4368

On Aug 30, 2016, at 18:00, Sarah Bliss <bliss at sarahblissart.com<mailto:bliss at sarahblissart.com>> wrote:

Thanks Amanda, Scott, Pip, Sherman and David!  I very much appreciate all the info.

I appreciate the links to Kodak’s info, Sherman.  Unfortunately, I’m not able to access further links from that page.  Seems I need program membership, but I don’t find info on what that is.

Great to learn about onions as a temporary fix, Pip!

Sounds like the most problematic chemicals are in bleach, fix, and hypoclear.   If spent chemicals are decanted and taken to a toxic waste site, how much of a concern are the trace chemicals and silver in washes?  Many folks seem to think the impact on the septic system is not of major concern, which leaves me with a concern about drinking water and general environmental health.  Searches online bring up opinions running the gamut, but we’ll be drinking water that has these untreated chemicals in them.

And do  I have it right that installing a silver recovery system is as simple as getting a special magnet that will attract the silver?

Sarah
http://www.SarahBlissArt.com<http://www.sarahblissart.com>