[Frameworks] Digital hd projection

Christopher Ball cbifilms at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 13:04:37 UTC 2016

There's a wide range of digital projectors, and many were designed for
office / powerpoint / classroom use. In this "office supply" category, the
bulbs don't last as long, the brightness can be poor, the lenses are
cheaper and can have aberrations, and there's a good chance that the bulb
is on it's way out if you're getting colour shifting.  Epson does make some
high end projectors, but they also supply the cheap office category, so it
makes me wonder when I see Epson.  There should be an hour meter in the
menu, and if the hours are over 1500 on a small projector, or over 2500 on
a larger high lumen projector, the bulb's agie is likely the issue.