[Frameworks] Now! A Journal of Urgent Praxis - Call for NEW WORKS!

Kelly Sears kelly.sears at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:10:04 UTC 2016

 As social, economic, and environmental crises mount, and precarity
increasingly becomes the defining condition of our age, the struggle for
justice requires forceful amplification.

Now! <http://www.now-journal.com/> A Journal of Urgent Praxis seeks to
provide a bullhorn, foregrounding NEW WORKS, conceived in response to these
NEW TIMES.

We seek:

NEW WORK! URGENT WORK! RADICAL WORK! CHEAP WORK!

NEW: Made in reply to something happening Now!

URGENT: Made with the velocity of the radical NEWSREEL. 7 days, start to
finish. 8 days is already a cheat. (But we’ll allow it.)

RADICAL: The outlook is TRANSFORMATION. The center can’t hold.

CHEAP: The budget is exactly what is at hand. Now! NEW WORKS aren’t
suffocated by poverty. They are instigated by it!

NEW WORKS of all durations will be considered. However, Now! is the
descendent of Noticiero ICAIC, and therefore shorter works are encouraged.

THE SKINNY: Make it fast. Make it radical. Make it cheap. Send us the link.
(santiagoalvarezlives at gmail.com) We’ll reply in one week or less. NEW WORKS
will be posted monthly, as they are produced.

Now! isn’t for festivals. It isn’t for museums. It isn’t for bankers.

contact : santiagoalvarezlives at gmail.com
http://www.now-journal.com/