[Frameworks] Cine Kodak Super XX and panchromatic film

Scott Dorsey kludge at panix.com
Mon Sep 11 01:29:59 UTC 2017

Super Double-X was the fastest film of its day.  It had a Weston number of
100 which I think would put it around 250 ASA.

If you have an old roll, I'd probably expose it at 100 ASA and then develop
for the highlights in D-76.    Cut a few inches off, put it in a 35mm still
camera, shoot a frame and then process it.  Do not be surprised if the fog
density is very high.

You can try adding benzotriazole to the developer to cut down the fog but
you'll lose at least a stop of speed doing that.

Oh yes, and open up almost a full stop in tungsten light.  This was a pan
film, but it wasn't as pan as pan films are today.
--scott