[Frameworks] film/art for the deaf

Dan Anderson bcfilmfest at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 23:11:59 UTC 2018

Hey Film Folks,

I'm teaching a classic "Art Appreciation" course at a community college
next semester, the first time I've taught college level or anything other
than film/video production.

I was given notice that one of my students is completely deaf and will
require any videos shown to a captioned. My first thought is that it will
be exciting to show some Stan Brakhage, but I'm wondering if any other
teachers have had experience with deaf students or could recommend
materials that would appeal equally to hearing and non-hearing folks.

This is a required class for non-art students, but may ride heavily in the
film and new media direction.. just because I won't be able to help myself
;)

thanks!
dan anderson