[Frameworks] You are invited! Free workshop & party in March // Spring offerings +

MONO NO AWARE mononoawarefilm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 20:43:59 UTC 2018

Greetings friends and colleagues,

I wanted to share some news from Brooklyn.  MONO NO AWARE is presenting a *FREE
workshop on Friday March 2nd. * The event is "BYOB/w" Bring Your Own Black
& White film, all ages and formats welcome.  We have developing tanks for
Super 8mm, 16mm, 35mm, Medium Format, and 4 X 5 +  We'll be mixing 10
gallons of non-toxic developer, fix with drying chambers and rotary dryers,
light tables and projectors.  Its free with RSVP
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/2018_-byobw-mixer> limited to the first 100 who
sign up.

*WORKSHOPS *: This APRIL we'll also be offerings 6 workshops including *2
new offerings*, all inclusive, equipment access, film materials,
processing, scanning, and a premiere screening party.

*+ OPTICAL SOUND TRACKS : 16MM FILM MAKING WITH SOUND
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/optical-sound-16mm-bw> ****NEW** (image)*

*+ SHOOTING AND PROCESSING HI-CON FILM
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/hi-con-apr2018> **NEW**+ INTRODUCTION TO 16MM
COLOR FILM MAKING WITH BOLEX REX-5
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/intro-to-16mm-color-apr18> **ONLY TWO SPOTS
LEFT***

*+ STOP MOTION PUPPET ANIMATION ON 16MM COLOR FILM
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/stop-motion-puppet-animation-on-16mm-film>**
**ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT***

*+ DIRECT 'CAMERA-LESS' FILM MAKING TECHNIQUES
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/direct-film-animation-april-2018>*

*+ SUPER 8MM B/W REVERSAL FILM MAKING AND HAND PROCESSING
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/super-8mm-ap-2018>*

*FILM STOCK* : We remain a distributor of Kodak Motion Picture film stocks
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/film-stock/> in all formats, and MONO currently
has two 16mm EXR color negative stocks
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/film-stock/>, tested, for re-distribution; a
50D and 100T, *$24 for 100 $90 for 400' *and, yes we ship. **image
attached, 100T shot on S16mm Rex5, scanned HD no color correction.

*SCREENINGS *: Our next screening MONO SELECTS will take place on March
28th at 9 PM at Anthology Film Archives exhibiting works on *35mm, 16mm,
and Super 8mm* film made by members of the MONO community and workshop
participants.

*NEW OFFICE! *: Our new office is located at 33 Flatbush Avenue. We're a 3
minute walk from the 2, 3, 4, 5, A, C, B, D, N, Q, R and G trains and 5
minutes from Alamo Drafthouse, BRIC Media Arts Center and BAM Rose
cinemas.  Out of this space we are currently running camera rentals, film
stock distro, editing facilities, screenings, workshops and serving hot tea
to friends ;)   Stop by and say hello if you find yourself in the
neighborhood.  We're in M-W-F and available by appointment in-between.

Feel free to pass on this information.

I hope to see you all soon,

Steve Cossman
Founder / Director
◅
*MONO NO AWARE*
501c3 Cinema Arts Non-Profit Organization est. 2007
| Film Stock | Equipment | Lab Facilities | Workshops |
e: mononoawarefilm.com c: +1 2674561143 <%2B1%20267%20456-1143> in:gram
<https://www.instagram.com/mononoawarefilm/>
<%2B1%20267%20456-1143>
press: New York Times
<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/nyregion/a-brooklyn-film-school-where-the-digital-revolution-didnt-happen.html>,