[Frameworks] Entertaining the film

Dave Tetzlaff djtet53 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 17:57:05 UTC 2018

Reminds me I forgot Wes Cravens New Bightmare, which differs from Videodrome in that the TV world there only overtakes Max’s reality, while in New Nightmare the filmic world emerges into the diegesis as a whole, affecteing several characters. Moreover, the diegesis is presented more as actual reality, since the performers are appearing as themselves: Robert Englund is Robert England, Heather Langenkamp is Heather Langenkamp, etc.