[Frameworks] Entertaining the film

mike piso mpiso2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 20:02:23 UTC 2018

 John Carpenter's  In the Mouth of Madness Sam Neil winds up watching events of the film in a movie theater near the end of the film.I seem to recall something similar in the film "Demons" by Lamberto Bava

 Reminds me I forgot Wes Cravens New Bightmare, which differs from Videodrome in that the TV world there only overtakes Max’s reality, while in New Nightmare the filmic world emerges into the diegesis as a whole, affecteing several characters. Moreover, the diegesis is presented more as actual reality, since the performers are appearing as themselves: Robert Englund is Robert England, Heather Langenkamp is Heather Langenkamp, etc.