[Frameworks] Residency in Buffalo

Ekrem Serdar ekrem at squeaky.org
Wed May 16 15:57:53 UTC 2018

Frameworks, note the following call for applications for Squeaky
Wheel's Workspace
Residency <http://squeaky.org/workspace-residency/> if you haven't seen it
yet. It is open to both artists, and researchers (curators, scholars,
writers). This summer, we are also accepting applications from someone for
our Silo City residency, who will spend their time working on a media art
work/performance to debut at the end of the residency at Buffalo's
landmark Silo
City <http://www.silo.city/>.

The deadline is May 31st. We encourage people of color, women, queer, trans
and gender non-conforming people to apply. The residency welcomes
applications from both emerging and established artists and researchers.
Check out the instructions PDF on the webpage for more info, and I want to
encourage you to ask me any questions you may have.

--

*Workspace Residency <http://squeaky.org/workspace-residency/>**Application
deadline:* May 31, 2018*Notification date:* June 22, 2018*Residency

Squeaky Wheel Film & Media Arts Center seeks applications from *artists*
and *researchers* to apply for a short-term residency exploring the moving
image, time-based media, and emergent technologies. The Workspace Residency
is a project-based residency for artists and researchers working in media
arts hosted by Squeaky Wheel in Buffalo, NY. Available for applicants from
Buffalo and across the U.S., the residency connects artists and researchers
with resources, time, and studio space to support the creation of new work
or to continue ongoing projects. The program is also open to residents of
the Kashmir region through a partnership with the Abdul Ahad Guru Scholars
Program. The Summer 2018 residency will take place *August 4–August 26,
2018.*

For the *Artist resident*, the residency program lends itself to the
creation of a wide variety of work including film, video, virtual reality,
game development, textile, metal and woodwork, 3D printing, sonic arts,
installation, performance, and more, with access to wide range of
equipment, tools, and technologies. Participants can mix and match these
benefits according to their needs. For the *Research residency*: Artists,
scholars, curators, writers, and theorists are invited to propose new or
in-progress research in the area of emergent media arts practices towards
the publication of critical texts, scholarly research, or production of
curatorial projects. During the summer session, we will also be accepting
applications for a *Silo City resident*, for an artist to work on and
publically present a performance at Silo City on Friday, August 24, 2018.

We encourage people of color, women, queer, trans and gender non-conforming
people to apply. The residency welcomes applications from both emerging and
established artists and researchers.

Selected applicants will have tailored access to facilities, equipment,
technical consultation, from Squeaky Wheel, as well as our Workspace
Residency partners *Buffalo Game Space*
<http://buffalogamespace.com/misc/index>, *The Foundry*
<https://www.thefoundrybuffalo.org/>, and *Silo City*
<http://www.silo.city/>. Residents will also have the opportunity to attend
guest lectures, are provided with public opportunities to share and receive
feedback for their work, and will be invited to a variety of site visits
and activities exploring Buffalo’s unique communities and histories.
Information about previous residents can be found *here*
<http://squeaky.org/workspace-residency/workspace-archive/>.
*http://squeaky.org/workspace-residency/
<http://squeaky.org/workspace-residency/>*

--