[Frameworks] Films about the clock

Albert Alcoz albertalcoz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 08:30:41 UTC 2018

Thank you for those new suggestions.

Roger Beebe, maybe what is happening nowadays is that those artists
interested on "that kind of rigid formal investigation", around the clock,
easy to link with structural film, have changed their mediums. This is
something Tyler Maxin has already noted. Instead of cinema or video they
use some other digital tools for their projects. I'm thinking this
realizing what's behind a piece like *Zero Noon* (2013) by Rafael
Lozano-Hammer: "a digital clock that shows the current time according to
eccentric metrics". (http://www.lozano-hemmer.com/zero_noon.php) or *The
Pirate Cinema* (2012-214) by Nicolas Maigret (
http://peripheriques.free.fr/blog/index.php?/works/2012-the-pirate-cinema-/)

Best,
Albert