[Frameworks] Upcoming: Closed-eye hallucination | Greasing the Wheels | Experiments for a Single Projector #3

Alex MacKenzie alexgmackenzie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 05:12:56 UTC 2019

Hello folks!
Below are a few of my upcoming experimental film related events you may want to check out if you are in town:

My 16mm film loop installation entitled Closed-eye hallucination runs for three nights this Wednesday to Friday (April 17-19) 7-9pm at the Iris Film Collective’s Burrard View Fieldhouse at 545 N Slocan, as a part of the Capture Photo Fest LOOPDALOOP exhibit <https://irisfilmcollective.com/post/174480397108/loopdaloop-part-of-the-2019-capture-photography>.  Be sure to also check out the 16mm film frame blow-ups from the other members’ loops.
The installations continue through April 28th with a new artist film loop every three nights.
While it’s still light out, have a wander through the stunning Burrard View Park and then come say hi at our new Fieldhouse. There will be snacks!

If you have big plans for some outdoor analogue screenings this summer, or plan to create new work in 16mm and wish you could get that old projector running again, I am presenting a workshop, Greasing the Wheels: 16mm Projector & Splicer Maintenance <https://irisfilmcollective.com/post/184093411333/greasing-the-wheels-16mm-projector-splicer>, on Saturday May 4, 1-5pm. Limited space, tickets here <https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/greasing-the-wheels-16mm-projector-splicer-maintenance-workshop-tickets-60222686677?aff=efbeventtix&fbclid=IwAR1Yuxxx0YfjFUk1rfrVKo_zza2UBg_YxZcdUm6sIyl-mDHYRrrug1kWSaQ>. Co-presented by Iris Film Collective and Cineworks.

Also upcoming is the final installment of the Sawdust Collector's New Works <https://www.facebook.com/sawdustcollector/> series happening on Tuesday May 7th, 9pm at Gold Saucer (Dominion Building, 207 W Hastings).
I will be performing the third and final installment of Experiments for a Single Projector accompanied by Stephen Wood (Multiplex Grand, Kensington Gore, The Battles, Destroyer). Also on the bill are Percussionist and Gamelan man Justin Devries, as well as Moravian Folk Researcher and Singer Julia Ulehla.
These have been really great evenings, highly recommended.

Hope to see you at one or all of these and please feel free to forward this to anyone you think might be interested.

Thanks!
Alex

alexmackenzie.ca
irisfilmcollective.com