[Frameworks] Hole punchers for film

Karl Reinsalu kreinsalu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 01:07:38 UTC 2019

Leather hole punches leave a rough edge if it's one of the multi-size wheel
ones. Aim for the single units and get a good punch-block for them. A solid
hit will give you a clean hole. Following that, look at craft/beading
stores for "bead reamers". They are multi-sized diamond embedded tips in
order to widen the holes in fugly beads; they are also amazing for cleaning
up your edges when trying to get perfect holes in polyester print stock; go
a little easier if doing acetate.

Best of everything,  Karl.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 11:53 AM Beebe, Roger W. <beebe.77 at osu.edu> wrote:

> Morgan,
>
> It's pretty easy to find hole punches in lots of different sizes.  Here's
> an odd one that might be an interesting tool to have around (if it punches
> film cleanly):
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Sized-Heavy-Leather-Pliers-Punches/dp/B07D28DBC6/
>
> It's made for leather, so who knows how it'll handle film.  Really lots of
> options out there if you just search "small hole punch."  Craft stores like
> Michaels tend to stock several sizes & shapes too...
>
> FYI,
> Roger
>
> On 7/6/19, 6:56 AM, "FrameWorks on behalf of Morgan Hoyle-Combs" <
> frameworks-bounces at jonasmekasfilms.com on behalf of mhoylecombs at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Hello hello
>
>     I was going to make some scratch films with a few rolls of super 8 and
> I was wondering if there where any hole punchers for that specific gage.
> Paper hole punchers used in office cubicles are too big for super 8.
>
>     Thanks in advance

Karl Reinsalu
e.mail: KReinsalu at gmail.com