[Frameworks] Liquidol / Eco Pro...any experience???

Scott Dorsey kludge at panix.com
Mon Jul 29 13:40:46 UTC 2019

I don't know what liquidol really is, and there's no information on the
web.

The MSDS says it's a water solution with sulfite and hydroquinone, looks
like a little less hydroquinone than dektol.  Does it have metol in it
like Dektol or does it have phenidone?  I assume that since it's based on
water and not glycol like HC-110 that there is something in there to
prevent oxidation but they aren't saying so.

With that extra sulfite in there I am assuming it's going to be a little
more compensating than dektol, if it's using metol, and it'll be a whole
lot more compensating if it's using phenidone.  This would probably be more
noticeable if you're using it for film processing than paper.

Anyway...  if you are worried about students mixing powder compounds
poorly, you could just premix the stock solution for them and hand it to
them.  Or you could make a super-concentrated solution with a little glycol
and let them mix down from that.

I'm curious why you're using a paper developer instead of ordinary D-19,
though.  D-19 will definitely give you finer grain.
--scott