[Frameworks] Affect

Gene Youngblood atopia at comcast.net
Sun Feb 16 02:37:33 UTC 2020

Academic Frameworkers: I like to keep abreast of trends in academic language, and I've noticed an increased use of the word “affect” in scholarly papers. It has become fashionable, but the spin being put on it isn’t clear to me. Could someone please tell me what “affect” means here for example: "gestures of affect and intervention.” It seems different from something like “that doesn’t affect me.” Respond off list if you wish atopia at comcast.net. Thanks.