[Frameworks] Re-Connectivity Through Cinema

MONO NO AWARE mononoawarefilm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 12:00:00 UTC 2020

Frameworkers,

Greetings from MONO NO AWARE.

Hoping this message finds you and yours healthy at this time.  I wanted to
share information about our summer screening series entitled *OPEN AIR *and
list for you the internationally accessible *LIVESTREAM WORKSHOPS*
currently in session.  Thanks to everyone who has dialed in so far, so nice
to feel the positivity through the tiny window of my cell phone.

*LIVE STREAMS* COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS IN THE MOMENT
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/community-workshops>.
Join us every Tuesday and Thursday this summer for FREE workshops and
tutorials broadcast from our center of operations.  The offerings are led at*
10 AM and 10 PM EST US,* to give as many folks on each side of the world
the chance to tune in.  Follow along for free on InstaGram
<https://www.instagram.com/mononoawarefilm/?hl=en>, take notes, *OR* make a
small donation and participate from a distance.  Your donation helps MONO
to then support each and every community member we engage with.   Every
topic has a unique suggested donation opportunity to engage and receive
materials through our zero-contact distro.  Already know the technique?
click in just to say hello and offer your expertise / experience. This is
as accessible and affordable as it gets; free and streaming online.

[image: IMG_1627 2.JPG]

*TUESDAY JULY 14TH **CAPTURING SOUND ON FILM: AURICON OPTICAL SOUND TRACKS
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/2020-july-fourteenth-optical-sound-tracks>-
Donors can email a sound file and receive a 100' roll of Tri-X pre-struck
with an optical sound track of their choosing! *

*THURSDAY JULY 16TH* *REMJET REMOVAL FOR V3CNEG FILM
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/2020-july-sixteenth-remjet-ecn>- Donors can
receive a 36 exp roll of 50D 35MM Motion Picture film along with a recipe
card for efficient remjet removal. *

*TUESDAY JULY 21st **TITLES ON FILM - CAPTURING YOUR B/W GRAPHIC TITLES ON
16MM FILM. <http://mononoawarefilm.com/2020-july-twentyfirst-titles-on-16>
Donors can email their design to MONO and we'll mail you 15 seconds of your
title on 16mm direct to your door. *

*OPEN AIR SCREENINGS *IN SOLIDARITY AND SUPPORT OF OTHERS.
<http://mononoawarefilm.com/special-engagement>
Beginning THIS FRIDAY at dusk, MONO NO AWARE will continue our open air
screening series.  Come downtown and experience a LIVE 16MM SCREENING IN
PERSON.  From dusk until dawn we'll be exhibiting works on 16mm film
through a frosted glass screen at 72 Rockwell Place
<https://www.google.com/maps/dir//72+Rockwell+Pl,+Brooklyn,+NY+11217/@40.6878828,-73.9815035,17z/data=!4m17!1m7!3m6!1s0x89c25bb3b2a89a8b:0x22bd12d3b863f622!2s72+Rockwell+Pl,+Brooklyn,+NY+11217!3b1!8m2!3d40.6878828!4d-73.9793148!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c25bb3b2a89a8b:0x22bd12d3b863f622!2m2!1d-73.9793148!2d40.6878828!3e2>,
right between BRIC Media Arts Center & BAM Rose Cinemas.   The screening
series is free, open to the public, and visible from the street, so mask up
and join us outside the MONO center of operations for a real-live screening
on film!  Stop by at your leisure all night into the morning light.
Although the screenings are free, we ask that you make a suggested donation
of $20.  Each presenting artist has selected an organization they wish to
support and your donation will directly support the artist and their chosen
initiative.

[image: 2 (1) - Lauren Henschel.JPG]

*FRIDAY & SATURDAY JULY 17th & 18th* we present the NY premiere of *Infusion
No. 1 * a 16MM film by Lauren Henschel
A portion of the proceeds will benefit The Okra Project : The Okra Project
is a collective that seeks to address the global crisis faced by Black
Trans people by bringing home cooked, healthy, and culturally specific
meals and resources to Black Trans People wherever we can reach them.

[image: take a walk_still_erica sheu - Erica Sheu.jpg]

*FRIDAY & SATURDAY JULY 24th & 25th* we present Take A Walk, a 16MM film by
Erica Sheu
A portion of the proceeds will benefit THINK!CHINATOWN! ; Think!Chinatown
is a collective of neighbors and advocates working to keep Chinatown a
vibrant place of inter-generational learning, cultural production, and
civic engagement. Our mission is to attract and connect resources for
Chinatown organizations and businesses through community outreach, enhanced
visibility, and capacity-building.

[image: Change_VimeoStill3 - Lily Sheng.jpg]

*FRIDAY & SATURDAY JULY 31st & AUGUST 1st.* we present Change 变, a 16MM
film by Lily Jue Sheng
A portion of the proceeds will benefit Equality for Flatbush (E4F) and the
Brooklyn Anti-gentrification Network's (BAN) efforts to feed Brooklynites
as well as continuing tenant organizing of rent strikes, Brooklyn-wide.

*EQUIPMENT ACCESS / LAB SERVICES :* HERE FOR YOU, ALWAYS AND FOREVER
MONO NO AWARE remains open for curbside pick up of all equipment rentals
and film distribution.  We ship (film stock) to 48 of the 50 states.  We
are also open to accept film for developing and scanning services.  M W F
12-7 PM and by appointment 7 days a week. The darkroom and facilities will
be open during our "off hours" by appointment for private use beginning on
the 20th. Contact us to schedule the space to yourself.

*COMMUNITY SUPPORT:* COVID-19 FILM FUND & THE NEW MONO STREET TEAM...
FILM CARE PACKAGE INITIATIVE <http://mononoawarefilm.com/film-care-package>
was launched this April in support of artists and filmmakers whose practice
has been affected by Covid-19.  We are working to respond to as many
requests as possible through this very special non-monetary
mini-production-grant.  keep your $ for food and necessities, let us help
support your moving image work.
Additionally, beginning on May 28th MONO NO AWARE has given 35mm film and
free dev/scan vouchers to our community members to pass out at local
protests.  An additional incentive to join the demonstrations locally.
(35mm Aerochrome Below)  If you are carrying a 35mm camera with you, you
may be approached with this special gift from us.

[image: SLIDE.jpg]

Stay active and vigilant,

Steve Cossman
Founder / Director
◅
*MONO NO AWARE*
501c3 Cinema Arts Non-Profit Organization est. 2007
| Film Stock | Equipment | Lab Facilities | Workshops |
a: 33 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn New York
<https://www.google.com/maps/dir//33+Flatbush+Ave,+Brooklyn,+NY+11217/@40.6877184,-73.9819882,17z/data=!4m17!1m7!3m6!1s0x89c25bb25464b153:0x663d26fd9a518085!2s33+Flatbush+Ave,+Brooklyn,+NY+11217!3b1!8m2!3d40.6877184!4d-73.9797995!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c25bb25464b153:0x663d26fd9a518085!2m2!1d-73.9797995!2d40.6877184!3e2>
e: mononoawarefilm.com c: +1(929) 249-1631 in:gram
<https://www.instagram.com/mononoawarefilm/>
<%2B1%20267%20456-1143>
press: New York Times
<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/nyregion/a-brooklyn-film-school-where-the-digital-revolution-didnt-happen.html>,