[Frameworks] Homemade fixer?

Erin C.W. erincw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:37:58 UTC 2020

We have had pretty good results using a salt water fixer (300g/L if I
remember correctly) - either 48 hours at room temperature and no agitation,
or 4h at 45C and constant circulation of the solution (I used a sous vide
to do this. It was a bit tricky to keep things light-tight with a sous vide
sticking out of the container, but it worked.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous_vide).
I put test strips of (5222 negatives processed in caffenol and fixed in
salt water as described above) in the window for 2 months and the image
seemed stable after that amount of time and light exposure.
I'm curious, though, what other people's experiences with salt water fixer
have been.

Erin
https://labcaf.ca/