[Frameworks] optical soundtrack generator?

Sandy McLennan smclennan4 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:55:29 UTC 2020

Thanks for this tip, Seth. Further on that reverse idea, saw this similar
tool, don't see a price:
https://imagetosound.com/

<https://imagetosound.com/>In seeking sound for experimental films, looking
for any visual element of the shooting process to extract sound from, I've
scanned a foot of film on a flatbed at a time then had that image file read
by software that translates it to sound. I was particularly scanning the
line down the middle of Double 8mm hand-processed footage. Some tools to go
from image to sound:

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/ImageToSound.shtml
(free)

https://github.com/alexadam/img-encode  (free or donate)