[Frameworks] Traditional Rotoscoping Mirror Problems

Karl Reinsalu kreinsalu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 23:07:37 UTC 2021

For any image reflection such as this you want to use a FRONT SURFACE
mirror ONLY.
The glass, no matter how wonderful or thin, will affect the light and
create aberrations (some of which are super-cool but not here).

They sell this type of mirror in places that serve optics like telescopes
and kaleidoscopes.
Also probably easy enough to buy off of Amazon USA if you are okay with it.

Best of success, and when you do get the mirror.... COTTON GLOVES ALWAYS OR
YOU WILL FIND OUT WHY THE HARSH WAY.

Again, best of success!

Karl.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 6:44 PM Ben Winston <sketchybean at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey I am building this Rotoscoping table as a tool to do some hand drawn
> cel animation. I am having trouble with my mirror because it is making the
> image blurry, do to the 1/8th inch glass mirror refracting the light from
> the projector, I believe. Is anyone familiar with this problem? What kind
> of mirrors are used traditionally for this kind of work? Does it need to be
> really thin glass or do I need to use a mirror wrap or plexi glass or what?
> Any info would be great. Thank you.

Karl Reinsalu
e.mail: KReinsalu at gmail.com